After an evening stroll or following an enthralling lecture, stop in to The Tavern to meet friends and share stories over one of our bartenders’ curated cocktails. At The Village at Brookwood, you’ll find the best of all worlds.
The Transfusion is a golf club standard made with vodka, ginger ale and grape juice.
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Grape Juice
- Ginger Ale
- Lime Wedge
- 2-3 Grapes
- Pour vodka and grape juice into shaker and fill with ice
- Shake and strain into a Collins glass full of fresh ice
- Add ginger ale to fill glass
- Skewer 2-3 grapes and 1 lime wedge for garnish
Negroni is a popular Italian cocktail, made of one-part gin, one-part vermouth rosso (red, semi-sweet), and one-part Campari, garnished with orange peel.
It is considered an aperitif.
A properly made Negroni is stirred, not shaken, and (classically) built over ice in an old fashioned or ‘rocks’ glass and garnished with a slice of orange. Outside of Italy an orange peel is often used in place of an orange slice; either is acceptable, though an orange slice is more traditional.
- 1 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz. Campari
- Half Fill a Mixing Glass with Ice
- Add 1 oz. each of the above Liquors
- Stir with Spoon
- Fill a Rocks Glass with Ice
- Strain Stirred Mixture over the Ice
- Peel the Fruit from the Orange Peel
- Rim the Glass with the Fruit of the Orange
- Garnish with the Orange Peel
- Add a Cocktail Straw
- 1.5 oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- Lime for Garnish
- Salt for Rim
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, triple sec and fresh lime juice.
- Shake well!
- Run lime wedge around the rim of glass then dip the glass into salt.
- Add ice to the glass and strain in contents of the shaker.
- Garnish the glass with a lime wedge and enjoy!