THE VILLAGE AT BROOKWOOD Memory Care
Memory Care at Stratford West at The Village at Brookwood is a warm, welcoming place where residents and team members get to know one another like family. The atmosphere created by our compassionate, experienced team of nurses, caregivers and activity coordinators allows residents to feel loved, cared for and safe. Each day, they wake to the smiling, familiar faces of caregivers who know their routines, the kinds of music they like, and even their favorite outfits. They know the activities they enjoy, like crafts, puzzles, music, playing active games, and celebrating birthdays and special occasions.
You can be assured that your loved one receives the right care in a way that helps them experience more meaningful moments and more fulfilling days. Every care resident on Stratford West has a private room to help create an environment and an experience to feel more like home.
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Oversight by a medical director
- Licensed nursing team on site 24/7
- Medication administration
- On-site therapy services
- Emphasis placed on understanding and responding to each individual’s wants and needs
- Special activities and socialization programming
- Cognitive therapy using games, books and trivia to boost brain function and strengthen the mind
- Group exercise to help maintain motor coordination
- Scheduled transportation
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and flat linen service
Accommodations and Amenities
- Private rooms with full private baths
- Residences may be furnished by residents to feel more like home
- Secure outdoor terrace
- Beauty salon
Frequently Asked Questions
How does memory care differ from assisted living?
Memory loss, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, affects more than just one person. We work not only with individuals but with family members and caregivers to provide the perfect balance of respect and care from day to day. Memory care residences and common areas in Stratford West are carefully designed to ensure residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments through familiar schedules and surroundings.