If your loved one suffers from memory loss, age-related dementia or Alzheimer’s, you know what a demanding, even heartbreaking, challenge it can be. The professional memory care services in Stratford West on the campus of The Village at Brookwood may be the answer for your family.
Memory care at Stratford West in Burlington, NC, is a warm, welcoming place where residents and team members get to know one another like family. The atmosphere created by our compassionate, experienced team of nurses, caregivers and activity coordinators allows residents to feel loved, cared for and safe. Each day, they wake to the smiling, familiar faces of caregivers who know their routines, the kinds of music they like and favorite outfits. They know the activities they enjoy, like crafts, puzzles, music, playing active games, celebrating birthdays and special occasions, or socializing on the veranda in the evenings awaiting another beautiful sunset.
You can be assured that your loved one receives the right elderly care in a way that helps them experience more meaningful moments and more fulfilling days. Every memory and dementia care resident in Stratford West has a private residence to help create an environment and an experience to feel more like home.
If you’d like a personal tour of Stratford West, our memory care neighborhood in Burlington, NC, please fill out the request form.
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Oversight by a medical director, nurse practitioner and registered dietician
- Licensed nursing team on site 24/7
- Medication administration
- On-site therapy services
- Emphasis placed on understanding and responding to each individual’s wants and needs
- Special activities and socialization programming
- Art therapy to enhance fine motor coordination
- Cognitive therapy using games, books and trivia to boost brain function and strengthen the mind
- Group exercise to help maintain motor coordination
- Music therapy to stimulate memory and create uplifting feelings
- Scheduled transportation
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and flat linen service
Accommodations and Amenities
- Private residences with full private baths
- Residences may be furnished by residents to feel more like home
- Dining venue specifically appointed to address the needs of residents
- Secure outdoor terrace with retractable awning
- Beauty salon/barbershop
Frequently Asked Questions
Memory loss, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, affects more than just one person. We work not only with individuals but with family members and caregivers to provide the perfect balance of respect and care from day to day. Memory care residences and common areas in Stratford West are carefully designed to ensure residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments through familiar schedules and surroundings.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that are severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms is not a disease per se but may accompany certain diseases or conditions. Dementia is irreversible when caused by disease or certain injuries. It may be partially or fully reversible when caused by drugs, alcohol, depression or imbalances in certain substances, such as hormones or vitamins. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain, characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas, leading to loss of recent memories and new learning first, and eventually old memories, too.