It’s usually a loved one who first notices. Routine activities like housekeeping, shopping, cooking and especially driving become a growing cause for concern. Or maybe mobility, socialization or safety become an issue. Though we all want to be completely independent for as long as possible, it’s only natural to need a little assistance now and then when physical abilities begin to diminish.
Stratford East provides compassionate assisted living in a personal way that allows people to feel comfortable, secure and independent. Our highly experienced 24-hour care team provides continuity of elderly care in a family atmosphere that invites social interaction and engagement in life, with just the right amount of support to the Assisted Living Residents at The Village at Brookwood.
- Assistance (when needed) with bathing, dressing and personal grooming
- Oversight by a medical director
- Licensed nursing team on-site 24/7
- Medication administration
- On-site therapy services
- Wellness programs to stimulate mind and body
- Calendar of social and cultural activities
- Scheduled transportation
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service
Accommodations and Amenities
- Private rooms with full private baths
- Residences may be furnished by residents to feel more like home
- Common area for meals and special events
- Outdoor terrace with retractable awning
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Assisted Living residents can also participate in Independent Living activities and dining venues as able
Frequently Asked Questions
What is assisted living in Stratford East?
Assisted living is characterized by a combination of person-centered care provided in a homelike atmosphere by a caring and professional team. Residents have the assurance of ongoing wellness evaluations to address changes in their specific needs. Our compassionate team assists with daily tasks as needed, and the many amenities available help these residents more easily enjoy what matters most to them.
How can I know when someone needs assisted living?
Should concerns be identified by a resident, loved one, friends, neighbors or team members, our interdisciplinary team will coordinate a meeting with the resident and family to explore options. We do this together. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, or those of your loved one, needs can be matched to the right level of assistance. When help with daily tasks is needed or if safety is a concern, an assisted living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this assistance while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
What if my loved one needs more than is provided in assisted living?
This is the idea behind the “continuum of care”. In addition to assisted living, Heritage Place at The Village at Brookwood offers memory care for those suffering from memory loss, age-related dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Skilled nursing care is also available. In addition to regular wellness evaluations, skilled nursing care at The Village at Brookwood offers licensed, comprehensive, round-the-clock care in private rooms for those recovering from illness/injury as well as those needing more long-term supervision and care.